Friday, April 29, 2011

From the begining

I was married in December 2002 still in high school and 4 months prego. I thought this was the one. But allot of people think this from time to time and then find out later it is not true. We had never stayed with each other for a long time frame. Never lived with one another, and were still kids just trying to grow up too fast.

I managed to graduate the following may and less than a month later packed up my hole life including my new baby girl and my van and moved from AZ to GA without looking back. I was following my now husband to his new job. Away from all my friends and family. Away from anything familiar.

We arrived in Savannah, GA in June of 2003 moved into a small 2 bedroom apartment and we happy for a little while. Things slowly started to change between us but like most people in my situation I ignored the signs I was being given. I Walked from our apartment on numerous occasions the 3 1/2 miles to where he worked to pick up my van in order to get my little girl to Dr. Appointments or go to the grocery store. I didn't know anyone he worked with or anyone in the apartment complex for that matter. So with money tight and not knowing my way around the city I walked the shortest route I could to get things done.

After a year in this apartment it was time to move on due to an up in the rental price. We moved into a house closer to his work and I started meeting some of my nabors. They tried to tell me to be carful and look at what was happening, but I ignored them and went on thinking my life was as good as it could get.

After the move my van was having problems and was going to cost more to fix than it was worth so he made the dicision that we were going to trade it in and get a new car. I was excited about it until I found he took my name of the loan for the new car without consulting me because it would give us a better interest rate where the van I was the only one on the title and it was our trade in. He then told me he would put my name on the next vehicle after I got my credit score up.

Over the years I have had several jobs. I worked as a waitress, hostess, fast food cook/cashier, door to door sales for 2 differnt companies, photographer, grocery store cashier, jewerly sales. I tryed to go to bartending school to get a job but never used it. But everytime I get a job he complains that I am not making enough. We am I working. I dont need to be working. He house doesnt say clean when I am working. He doesnt like the daycare the kids go to. So time after time I end up quiting a job. Now I dont have enough experience in one area to get a decient pay when I do go try and get a job.

In 2005 I found out I was prego with number two this time alone do to a work trip he could not avoid. I sometimes thought I was his mistress with the way he was pulled away for work. But what can you do. I needed a bigger house so I moved from our 2 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house with the help of a nabor at about 5-6 months prego. I found a close friend from high school was having some problems herself and to try and help both of us out I invited her to say with me until I she could get back on her feet in return for helping me take care of myself, my 2 year old daughter, and my now unborn child. She agreed and within weeks had moved in.

My husband was brought back to me shortly after my 2nd daughter was born. She was having complications breathing and the Dr. sent him a message about her progress. He was home in days. He was able to stay and help out for a couple of weeks but then had to return for the last couple of months of his current project.

No comments:

Post a Comment